Hardtail frame that can take dual crowns?

tro tro

Likes Dirt
I'm just wondering wich hardtail frames can take dual crown forks, because I just bought super t's and from the many responses i've been getting the genral point is that they will snap my current frame(gt chucker).
So dose anyone know any hardtail frames that can take dual crowns?

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
The Manik I've got for sale had dual crowns (hint hint buy hah ;)). But seriously, it handled surprisingly well with them.

Anything above a Norco Sasquatch (not sure about the newer models though, -07 would be ideal IMO) would be your best bet. Any other frames for dual crown forks would be out of your price-range (from what I gather),

Good luck finding something.

Faith3_Nobbi-man

Likes Dirt
If they fit it works :p, if they dont fit, just fill in the gaps with silicon or glue, duct tape also works well

But, hmm, it just depends, if your good enough to be putting those forks or a hardtail, why not just save for a 2nd hand dualy instead?

smeck

Likes Dirt
The Nicolai 2MXTB goes up to 180 or 200mm I think. Its a 3.3kg twin spar frame with a 1.5" headtube so its not a toy. Give Nicho a call, he might have someting for you.

tro tro

Likes Dirt
The Nicolai 2MXTB goes up to 180 or 200mm I think. Its a 3.3kg twin spar frame with a 1.5" headtube so its not a toy. Give Nicho a call, he might have someting for you.
How much will one of these cost?

Thanks for the helpful responses guys, I'll try to get a manik or rampage or maby one of those nicolai 2MXTB's

dcrofty

Eats Squid
There are a couple more answers in your original thread with your GT too.

Basically Norco hardtail range is probably ideal for you but you could also think of finding an old Banshee Morphine or Craftworks Rail as well.

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From personal experience ... I'd be leaning towards the Manik, one of my better friends rides one with dual crowns, it has been sent to hell and back and it just keeps coming back for more.

Goobs

Likes Dirt
Cove Stifee

the Cove Stiffee should handle a dual crown no dramas... and I just happen to have one for sale... Got a black 19" frame sitting in my attic.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pics to my reply in the other thread:

Top 3:

.243 DH

Evil Imperial

Ignoring the rider and focussing on the bike - Banshee Morphine

Runners up IMHO are the Nicolai 2MXTB and the Norco frames.

Here is the Nicolai frame with singles as long as your dual crowns:

I can't find any pics of one with triples. On Nicolai's website they say it is for 'Local DH'. As far as I can tell this means they aren't backing its strength if you are racing or smashing it as hard as that - probably for warranty issues. However it is designed for long forks and they say that it should be pretty impossible to break.

Similar deal with the Norcos.

I know its off-topic, but while I was looking for pics of the Evil I found this:

??????????

cantride4shit

Likes Dirt

whiteman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the norco "shore" series will be able to handle tripples. a coupple of them come with them stock.
you could also look for a cromo frame like a DMR. a guy at our state race's rides a DMR with fox 40's and has never had a troubble. he has been riding the same frame for about 3 years aswell.

tro tro

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the info guys, I think I might get a norco, cause they are only about $100-$150, any other ideas keep'em coming

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
I know its off-topic, but while I was looking for pics of the Evil I found this:

??????????
It's just the bottom crown and the top of the stantion running into it. I did that with my 40's and chucked them on my voltage for shits 'n' giggles. Rode around my driveway and absolutely shit myself, took them off pretty damn quickly.

Another vote for a Norco frame here, definately.