What's new

Cigar Shell Cordovan

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I purchased these Alden Plain Toe Bluchers in Cigar Shell Cordovan about a year or so ago. As they say with Shell Cordovan, you don't really need to polish them as the patina just gets better and better the more you wear them. I've read that Shell Cordovan only needs to be polished after every 15 or so times they are worn. (as for the amount of polish... less is more.)

Well, I've worn these alot more than 15 times and last week was the first time I ever polished them. And although I am all for patina, after a nice wax paste polishing and a nice chamois finish, these boys are spankin'. :yesnod:

Always a big fan of the stacked heel. :thumbup1:

Well, after I finished polishing them, I then proceeded to polish the rest of my shell cordovans while watching a couple of football games. But I don't think Missus Gold wants me to take anymore pictures of my shoes. She says I'm scaring the children. :001_unsur

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are sweet. I have two pairs of shoes in shell, both Allen Edmonds Leeds (black and a dark dark brown) purchased off of ebay. The leather looks perfect though the heels will need to be replaced at some point. Do you have AEs, and if so, how do you think they compare to the Aldens?

Fantastic looking PTB's Bob, love the Cigar Shell color. I have the Alden Ravello and #8 color PTB's and love them. Sadly my #8 color are half a size too big and I need to sell them and buy .5 size smaller.

Some Saphir Renovateur will bring out a nice shine on them.

one of these days i'm gonna dish out for a pair of Alden cordovan captoe oxfords. Leather Soul Hawaii has a pair that are gorgeous

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

you are one cultured-***-************, Bob.

Here's a little more Cordovan Shell, Cigar goodness.........

What wax polish do you like Bob? Alden's Brown polish?

proxy.php

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

you are one cultured-***-************, Bob.

I've been called alot of things.... :lol:

Here's a little more Cordovan Shell, Cigar goodness.........

What wax polish do you like Bob? Alden's Brown polish?

proxy.php

I did use the Alden Brown polish. I ordered those PTB's from The Alden Shop in SF and they included it with my purchase. :thumbup1:

The pair to the left of the loafers has no creases. Are those the pair you want to sell? What size are they?

Nice to see you Neale. :smile:

Nice to see you as well Bob.

No, I am not selling any of the shoes in that photo. The ones I need to sell are like yours pictured, Adlen Plain Toe Blucher Shell Cordovan Style #990, Size 9.5D Color#8 (Burgundy color). I wore them a few times and the size 9D in the Barrie Last just fits better. Funny because I usually wear size 10's in my Ecco's and other casual shoes.

I have brown Kiwi polish, may need to order some Alden brown polish though. I was also thinking about ordering some Saphir brown.....too many choices.

Top Bottom