Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is the ramp not landing on the desired level?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Caed9
2373 Views, 4 Replies

why is the ramp not landing on the desired level?

I created this ramp and assigned both base and top level,  without any offset. Why is the ramp not reaching the top level that I assigned .  I dont know the specific slope that will make it fit pefectly, and I'm trying to modify it but there is not option visible on how to fix it. 

On the image below:

The top level in which I want the ramp to land is marked as selected (blue slim rectangle)  and as you can see the ramp is not ending on the same level of that floor.   

ramp not landing on the desired level.png

Now on this other image below:

I selected the ramp so that you can see the properties, top and base levels without any offset. The properties doesnt show an option on how to adjust the slope for a possible solution.  the level I want the ramp to end is level 2 which has the floor slab selected on the image above. I do not want to change the horizontal lenght of the ramp

ramp properties.png

Now on this last image below:

I marked a red circle the area where the option for multistorystairs is located. I was trying to see if I can create multistory ramp. But Instead I get this Warning that is recommending me to change the slope,  I'm confused because there are no visible settings to modify the slope  in the ramp properties. Anyways I just want it to automatically end in level 2

Ramp warning_LI.jpg

How can I fix this?, I don't Want to connect the ramp to the floor slab in level 2 I just want the ramp to end in level 2

(because later I will adjust the floor slab  sketch in order to align it to the top base of the ramp) without changing the  horizontal length.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Caed9

hello, try to change value of your ramp max slope and consider also your maximum incline length. thanks

24.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 5
Caed9
in reply to: ennujozlagam

I don't know what is the specific value to enter.  the maximun incline lenght and the ramp max slope are 12

Do I have to calculate it separately. Is there an automatic option to just make the ramp end on the desired level with a specific horizontal lenght?. 

Ramp Slope question.png

Message 4 of 5
ennujozlagam

hello, can you share your file, maybe only the ramp so we can check? thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 5
ennujozlagam

ramp length divide by your height = slope gradient

what is your height from level 1 to level 2???

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report