3D Design

3D Design

Topics related to Ansys Discovery and Ansys SpaceClaim.

list of keypoints

• lilhaq93
      Subscriber

Hi,

I'm a new user of Ansys so be clement.

I'm building a model by APDL commands.I want to connect few keypoint by lines.The thing is ,while I'm writing the input file I don't know the number of all my keypoints (some of them are created by KGEN or LGEN) but one thing I know for sure is one of their coordinates so I made a selection like this :

KSEL,S,LOC,Z,6

KPLOT

What I want to do now is to make a list(like array or table) of those keypoints (or of their coordinates) so that I can use a *DO to connect the first one to the second by LSTR ,and do the same for the rest of the keypoints.All this without knowing exactly the number of the keypoints

• jpasquerell
      Ansys Employee

You could use the *VGET command 3 times to get the  x y and z values.

*dim,kplocs,array,n,3   ! replace n with max kp number

*vget,kplocs(1,1),kp,1,loc,x

*vget,kplocs(1,2),kp,1,loc,y

*vget,kplocs(1,3),kp,1,loc,z

but this will require a lot of manipulation to sort and get the needed info.  Are the lines at a regular interval?  If so make the first set of lines then use lgen to make the next set of keypoints and lines.  also, if the active csys is 0 then the lines are straight.   Another option in a do loop would be like this:

*do,jj,1,4,1                                   ! 4 loops with spacing of 1

lstr,kp(jj,ky(1),kz(1)), kp(jj,ky(2),kz(2))            ! kp(x,y,z) gets a keypoint number nearest the xyz coordinates and

! kx(k), ky(k) and kz(k) gets the coordinates of keypoint k

lstr,kp(jj,ky(2),kz(2)), kp(jj,ky(3),kz(3))  

! repeat for other lines 

*enddo

• jpasquerell
      Ansys Employee

If your question is how to create lines going from 3 to 8, 8 to 13 then try:

*dim,klocs,array,5,2

km=0

*do,jj,1,5

km=kpnext(km)

klocs(jj,1)=km      ! minimum selected kp number

klocs(jj,2)=kx(km)   ! x coord of it

*enddo

*dim,oldo,array,5

*moper,oldo(1),klocs(1,1),sort,klocs(1,2)

*do,jj,1,4

lstr,klocs(jj),klocs(jj+1)

*enddo

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘list of keypoints’ is closed to new replies.