Skip to main content

Notifications

Customer Service forum
Suggested answer

Show chat time in Omnichannel Session tab title

Posted on by

Hi

Is there a way to show a timer for when customer last posted a message in chat session tab? I know I can user {customerName} to show the customer name (once identified) but can't find any page listing available variables we can use in Title field of session tab

pastedimage1684337353942v1.png

Thanks

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Show chat time in Omnichannel Session tab title

Hi JasR,

As an agent, you communicate with customers to resolve issues. All those conversations are stored as transcripts in Omnichannel for Customer Service app. 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-service/oc-search-transcipts 

As an administrator, you can enable live transcription and recording of conversations, which allows agents and supervisors to view transcripts of customer conversations.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-service/enable-transcripts-messaging-channels?tabs=customerserviceadmincenter 

Omnichannel for Customer Service transcripts are stored in base64 encoded format in the annotations table in Microsoft Dataverse.  

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-service/download-transcripts-bulk 

• JasR Profile Picture
    JasR on at

Hi Leah

Thanks for the info. I did look into the above but couldn't find the entity where the "last customer message" is stored. I don't think there is a timer parameter that I can use.

Would you happen to know the relevant entity / field?

Thanks

• Suggested answer
    Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at

Hi JasR,

The automation dictionary maintains the contextual data for sessions. You can use the keys from the automation dictionary to pass the parameter in an action.

While creating templates and macros in the admin app, you can pass parameter keys such as title of a session, title of notification, title of an application tab template, and custom parameter values for application tab types. These keys are replaced based on the contextual information available at the time of execution.

Similarly, for session and notification titles, you can pass the data parameters.

More information: Automation dictionary formats to data parameter keys

pastedimage1684488803816v1.png

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Contextual content recommendations & SharePoint Q&A

Instantly access relevant sales materials…

Beyond the DRA Cloud Label Printing

Explore cloud-based label printing within Dynamics 365…

HR Infrastructure Customer merge

Important considerations for HR Customer migrations…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,414 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 223,502 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,142

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans