Finally got some Jordanella floridae (here in Germany)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Sven_*

Guest_Sven_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:11 AM

I got some new fish in my tank, Jordanella floridae. m1/f2
Years ago very common here , now rare to find

Posted Image

How they grew well

Sven

#2 littlen

littlen
  • NANFA Member
  • Washington, D.C.

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

A very nice looking male, Sven. Have you kept them in the past? What other species are they living with?
Nick L.

#3 Guest_Stickbow_*

Guest_Stickbow_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:54 PM

Very nice. I'm interested in the other fish you have too.

#4 Guest_miles44_*

Guest_miles44_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:11 PM

Very cool. I love him :)

#5 Guest_Sven_*

Guest_Sven_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

Hi, sorry for the delay!
Had to build a stone terasse in our garden.

They are in my Heterandia formosa tank.
I had problems with Lucania godei eating the Heterandia fry. So they had to find a new home.
Than I only had 3 Ellasoma evergladei (1/2) in the tank with ~ 10 Heterandia and they began to grew theri population.

We have a special shop here in Freiburg GER, called "Unter Wasser", run by 2 Dipl. Biologists with some very exclusive fishes and very fine quality in all the keep (Fresh- and Saltwater). Ther´s a small intrested group of persons here that like to hatch small US, Asian or European cold freshwater fishes. So if they find something on a stocklist they take it even if it takes some weeks before the fishes are sold.
AS the Heterandia and Ellasoma are kind of small and have more "covered" colours, I was looking for Jordanella floridae, as they are more Vegis than hunters. And have some "bright" colours.

They fit well together and the Heterandia population is still growing in my well planted tank Now ~ 20

Sven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users